I've configured the products order in the admin panel, but the positioning is not reflected correctly on the frontend.
When you sort products inside a category using the Products Merchandising → Sort Order feature, the sorting order that you select gets associated with the Position sorting type on the frontend. In other words, in the backend you're choosing what sorting will be used for Position option on the frontend:
And this sort order is visible on the frontend when Sort By - Position option is selected:
If the order of products on the frontend doesn't align with the sorting selected in the Sort Order option, there are several things to check:
- Make sure the category page is sorted by Position on the frontend:
- Check the display settings of the category and ensure that the Default Product Listing Sort By setting is set to Position:
If you also have Amasty Improved Sorting installed, this extension can additionally influence sorting from Visual Merchandiser. Make sure to check its general settings too:
- In the General → Disable Sorting By setting, ensure that Position sorting isn't selected:
- Similarly, ensure that the Position option isn't selected in General → Sort Attributes Descending by Default:
- In Sorting by Default → Default Sorting on Category Pages → First Sort by, use Position:
- Check settings in General → Show Products without Images Last and in General → Show `Out of Stock` Products Last. If they are enabled, take into account that out-of-stock products and products without images will be automatically moved to the end of product listing and will ignore the sort order that was selected:
If the steps above do not help:
- Try resaving the category and running reindex from CLI;
- Flush Magento cache. If any additional caching systems are used on the instance, try flushing them as well.
How to make a shipping method available in the Admin Panel only?
If you would like to make a certain shipping method available only for specific orders in the Admin Panel, it is possible using our Shipping Restrictions extension. Step 1. You need to create a restriction rule in Sales → Shipping Restrictions → Add ...
How does the Admin Area setting work?
The mentioned setting allows stating whether a Shipping Rule will be triggered in the backend the same way as on the frontend. If the Admin Area setting in Stores & Customer Groups tab is enabled, the rule will be applied while creating an order in ...
We installed the module and activated it but it does not seem to return any related products on the product/category pages or in cart, why?
After installing the extension and configuring at least one related product rule, reindex is required. You may perform it manually by running the below command via CLI: bin/magento indexer:reindex Also, it’s highly recommended to set the indexers for ...
My Order Attribute relations don't work, how can I check if everything is configured correctly?
Firstly, check which attribute is used as a parent attribute in the relation. The Order Attributes relations could be created only for parent attributes with the following types: Dropdown, Radio Button, Checkbox Group. Secondly, please, make sure the ...
I've setup conditions for an automatic category, but no products are displayed.
As the work of the conditions is the same as in default Magento, please make sure that the same conditions work in Magento Catalog Price Rules, or try filtering the product grid with the same attributes. The issue also might be associated with the ...