You can create unique meta tags for many pages at once using meta tag templates. If you'd like to generate a template, please navigate to Amasty > SEO Meta Tags Templates > Meta Tags by Category/Meta Tags by Custom URLs.
First, please select a main category and a store view for the template and then fill in the meta tags:
A range of complex variables can be used in meta tags, for example:
The main requirements for meta tags are listed below:
1. As for the title tags, they are considered one of the most important on-page SEO elements:
- title tags should be 50-60 characters long, including spaces;
- the most important keywords need to be first in the title tag, with the least important words coming last;
- titles tags must be different for every page (using meta tags templates with variables is a convenient way to avoid duplicating);
- title tags must accurately describe the content on the page.
2. The meta description is an HTML is used to describe what your page is about. Google usually shows it beneath your page’s title in the search results. Below are the main requirements for the meta description:
- Keep it up to 155 characters;
- Include a call-to-action;
- use your focus keyword;
- make sure it matches the content of the page;
- make it unique.